We will not ask you to provide proof of disability to complete your purchase. We do however observe the right to request proof before issuing your tickets if we feel it is necessary. This is to ensure the services we offer are protected and used in the correct ways. To ensure the right tickets go to the right spectators, measures will be placed to ensure the scheme is not misused. These measures may include us asking for evidence to support a spectator’s requirement.
Below is a list of the type of documentation that we may ask you to provide:
- PIP (Personal Independence Payment).
- DLA (Disability Living Allowance).
- Letter from a medical professional (A Doctor’s note or a letter from an occupational therapist).
- Carers Allowance.
- Social Services letter – Confirmation in writing from Social Services that the individual is included on their Deaf Register, or a letter or report from an aural specialist confirming that hearing loss has been recorded at 70 – 95 dBHL or worse.
- War Pensioners Mobility allowance.
- Blind or partially sighted registration certificate (BD8 or CVI certificate).
- A personal letter from the GP, community nurse or social worker.
- Benefit award letters.